Friday 20 July 2012

G&S FIBREFLEX


G&S fibreflex
G&S Fibreflex - Steve Cathey Model

I can remember every single skateboard I've ever had.

My first was a cut-off plank nailed to some rollerskate wheels - didn't really turn. Then I saved up and bought a Pacer deck with ACS 500 trucks and Gecko Wheels, that set-up evolved slightly via a home-made wooden deck which was really heavy - it didn't last long. Then I got a G&S Fibreflex exactly like the one above, rigged up with some second-hand Bennett trucks and Road Rider wheels.

I really loved that board...

G&S Fibreflex logo
G&S Fibreflex logo

3 comments:

  1. Mine delaminated...but it got some use before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bought this board with ACS-500 trucks and Sims Pure Juice wheels for $1.99 @ Goodwill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine has Bennett Pro Trucks and Tiger Trak IV. I patched a cut in the deck with some epoxy putty, sanded the dings on the front and back ends and glued down the grip tape where it started to peel up. I inherited the board and suspected it was special but still was riding in the rain through San Francisco and it almost ended up in Islais Creek. I am about to restore the stickers.

    ReplyDelete