Monday 4 March 2024

CHATTERBOX


 

I don't know when he got so chatty.

Honestly, he talks and talks without end it seems. But, here's the punchline - it's always good.

Top quality entertainment, plenty of info, a sprinkle of wisdom all floating on a magic carpet ride of freeform imagination. I don't know how he does it. You could say I'm in awe of the bloke.

He'll describe how he approaches an airline meal on a long haul flight. And I'm right there, tuned in and soaking it all up. Next thing you know, we're underwater and he's gliding along the seabed explaining how to use your fins so as not to disturb the coral. Then we're drinking coffee in Sri Lanka and it's the best thing in the world to do even when it's also probably one of the most terrible cups of coffee you could ever buy. An hour and a half later, I'm buzzing and I've still got my coat on, haven't even taken my hat off yet. Only meant to drop off his card and present on my way home. 

It was his birthday this week but he already has a gift, the gift of the gab.

No comments:

Post a Comment