Thursday 30 July 2009

THE PRICE OF $URFING



Nice little wave in Dubai - at a cost

An old friend of mine recently returned to Kernow after 15 years in the desert. We paddled out for a few reunion waves and I was impressed by how well he was surfing. He told me that he'd still managed to get waves in Dubai, but at the risk of being fined! Apparently 'sliding on the waves' is not acceptable and the police will fine you £80 if you are caught doing so.
Made me really appreciate the 2ft cross-shore slop we'd just shared for free.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm and now it seems their economy is at risk of going belly up ... there's karma for ya ... thx for commenting over at my shack - really dig your blog so I've stuck you under my list of Beach Bum's best bloggers ... gota mate with an old Tris board ... must get the pics up one of these days.

    ReplyDelete