Tuesday 27 April 2010

TELL ME WHY?


big swell



I asked all the West Country based bloggers in my list one question - WHY DO YOU BLOG?

Here, in no particular order, are their answers...

"Because I secretly love shouting 'look at me I'm great!' :-)"
CP Adventures in Trim

"I've always seen websites as constrained by branding and marketing objectives whereas blogs allow a true personality to shine through. Blogging has been the easiest way to share my passion for alternative post modern surfboard design with like minded souls… I don't have to push myself out there, I just share stuff as it happens and people who are interested find it, and have regular updates on everything from my latest bonzer designs to who I snogged on the beach at Penhale between surfs in 1981… There are no rules, just expression and I find that really appealing…"
Tim Just Bonzers

"It is quite simple really. I started back in 2004 with the Alma Pura blog while living in Brazil to try and show the more alternative, and simple side of surfing. Then did the Royal blog just for my boards. I found that it was silly and time consuming to have 2 blogs, so dropped the AP one and now just use the Royal blog.
My main interest is using it to showcase people/things that may not be out there yet, be they friends of mine or just interesting folk. Of course it also allows me to display my own boards, but I intend on that being a way to show that the UK has some great and current designers/board builders and that we aren't just following US trends, but can innovate on our own. Plus, the UK experience is unlike anywhere I have lived before, in terms of climate, countryside and culture.
Other than that, I guess I just need to find another hobby to keep me busy..."
Rob Lion Royal

"Why do I blog? The blogging world gives me constant and varied visual stimuli, which often pushes just the right creative button.
I blog to share my artwork and ideas with a wider world, and by doing so hopefully, inspire somebody else.
It's also a great way to get my artwork out there, and hopefully direct potential customers to my painting website."
Steve PP Surfy Art

"Why do I blog? I guess it's just a bit of an outlet for some of the random stuff I have stored on my hard drive which may or may not ever see the light of day. Right now I sit in front of a computer for most of the day with work so I tend to just upload random stuff every now and then along with a few boredom inspired musings. I'm seriously lacking in the attention span department so it's always refreshing to browse around and get some inspiration from other peoples bloggings while I'm at work, see what's going on out there. Anyway, it's all soon to change, I've decided there's other work for me out there which doesn't suck the life out of me through a screen... I expect I'll still blog a little though... or something..."
John Goose Jerky

"I like to share some of the things I find interesting on my trips around the web, pass on info about things going on locally, and share images I capture while about with the camera, especially the latter, otherwise my photos would stay locked up inside my computer for my eyes only."
DB SurfHog

"Skateaction
Chopperfication
Communication
Education
Image cultivation
Edification
Information
Self medication
Adoration!
I blog, therefore I am!"
Trawler

"It started off as a bit of an experiment really, I'd been reading a few cracking blogs for a while and thought why not. I wanted to do it so I'd look around and take stock a bit more, note what's going on in my corner of the globe, getting me taking more pictures, documenting the good surfs and just creating something that I could look back over and remind myself what I've been up to. It's evolved a bit and become a way to share things that inspire and interest me with like-minded folk. It's fun."
Wheardo The Log Blog

"The reason I blog is difficult to answer succinctly as I've never really thought about it. And to be honest I don't think I want to think about it too hard because if I did, I might start to think it's all a bit pretentious and would stop doing it. When I started it I thought it was something that other illustrators were doing and a lot of people have them as part of their own websites and it might just give any prospective client more of an idea about the person behind the work. I soon realised that I don't really have a huge amount of things to say about my work as I'd rather people just looked at the images themselves most of the time anyway.
It wasn't long before I started blogging about other people's images I liked, what I'd had for dinner and any other drivel that came into my head. I don't really know why I do it. It's partly an extension of my website, part archive, partly to share with people who know me and of course all of the people you're not thinking about when you put something up there... I try not to think about it too much. That's why I'm going to stop right there."
Steve Cox Stubby Pencil

Thanks fellow blogsterers.

1 comment: