Wednesday 20 October 2010

IS THIS...


austerity
If so, does that mean we have just had the age of opulence?

I guess there's no love without hate, no highs without the lows, so maybe it's a yin yang thing.

And, according to my sources (Wikipedia basically). Yin yang is used to describe how polar or seemingly contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, and how they give rise to each other in turn. Yin yang constantly interacts, never existing in absolutes. Yin and yang transform each other: like tides in the ocean, every advance is complemented by a retreat, and every rise transforms into a fall.

But importantly, Taoist philosophy generally discounts good/bad distinctions as superficial labels, preferring to focus on the idea of balance.

Ok, I understand the situation we find ourselves in isn't a natural occurence, it's a direct result of uncontrolled greed and can obviously be defined as bad. And I certainly don't side with the Torys and I loathe all political spin. But more redundancies are inevitable, so rather than freaking out about it (my first instinct) I'm hoping that austerity doesn't throw the flow out too much for those of us who are just doing our best and trying to keep life balanced.

Good luck out there people, keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment